We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Almost ready to Rebuild

Nothing boat related today. There was a work party at the Yacht Club, and I was tired out this afternoon, and ended up napping. I did spend some time researching and designing the propane system this at 04:00 this morning, and jotting down some notes about the rebuilding.

Yesterday though I spent the day at the boat, worked on moving the engine controls, and spent the rest of the day cleaning. Or chatting, or drinking beers, helped a fellow sailor remove and replace his swing keel, etc...

 The above pic is my inspiration for the engine control panel being moved up from the below my feet. This is Franco's boat. This little mod was done by the previous owner who did a lot of work to the boat. I am hoping to recess mine a little more and put a plexiglass panel over it for protection. Problem is that there is only so much room behind here.
 I started taking it apart before I remembered the before picture. Can't wait to get it out of this location.
 And here is the hole in the back of the starboard cockpit seat. There was enough cabling to relocate the panel here, so I didn't have rewire the panel, that was nice. I have to build the box that fits in here, and then mount the panel. This will probably be my first kick at the cat with gelcoat. If I can match the colour and do a good job, then I will be ready for the bigger job of the new cockpit seat.
Also re-installed the newly finished steps for the ladder. The chandlery couldn't get me robertson head screws, but the hardware store has them. Too bad I didn't figure that out before I installed them. Hindsight is always better, and if it could be relied on would probably have saved me a lot of money over the years.

Need to buy more plywood to finish the inside of the boat, but the store I am buying it from is not open on Sundays until May 6th, so tomorrow is a stay at home day. Monday and Tuesday are rain days, so looks like Wednesday for the rebuild beginning. Until then, I'll work on the fridge box, propane lockers, cockpit table, new drink holder, etc....

Later. Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment