We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Garage Sale

9 weeks and counting until we're homeless. Its not a lot of time, regardless of how long away it feels. We decided to get the first yard sale out of the way, because we are swimming in stuff, and it is getting progressively harder to get any real work done on boat projects. I don't know how well a garage sale is going to go over with 3 feet of snow on the ground, but it is at least indoors. We decided to go for 3 days, Fri - Sun, just because we can't get all of the stuff that is for sale, into the garage at once. I am not looking forward to this, but I guess it is a necessary evil.

I had originally intended to finish up what sewing projects I had going on, which I did, then do some wood working projects, which never happened, and then get ready for the sale. But what I came to realize is that there is so much sorting, and pricing, and organizing, that I am barely going to have enough time to get ready for the sale.

I should notice a pattern developing here, during this project, in this blog, and from Serena telling every single time, that my projects never seem to go as plan, or on the schedule that I think they will. But I guarantee you that I will make the same mistakes next week. Live and NEVER learn, my Pappy always used to say.....

Anyway, you can probably guess what I'll be doing for the next week. I have an order coming in from Sailrite the following week, so there will be a boat load of sewing to do then. But, yard sale first. Sort, clean, price, organize, drink beer..... Tomorrow repeat....

I tell you, I'd much rather be cruising.......

No comments:

Post a Comment