We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vita on the Hard for Another Season

Lift Out was yesterday, including the commute it was a 13 hour marathon. Only one crane showed up, and most of the boats came out. With low water levels and the usual, (how the hell did that fit last year), we struggled thru. Serena did good, she kept going all day and didn't even stop for lunch, her back was tender last night, and she won't be moving much today, I guarantee it. My knees felt like they were going to explode most of the day, but I tried my best to keep involved as much as I could, and keep a smile.

The bad news is that the boat didn't fit on the cradle how I had hoped. It will work for this year, but it needs more consideration. I think I am going to have to cut and re-weld the front supports. I am not sure if I want to attempt it while the boat is on the cradle, plus I don't think there is enough power available down there to run the welder.

On top of that, we didn't get it centered properly, and the boat is listing to the port side. I need to try and get it straightened out so I can work on it. Monday... I am pretty confident that I can get her all leveled up.

Today I think I'll tinker in the shop, maybe take it easy. Walking is a little more difficult than usual today.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment