We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back At Er...

Kid in a candy store.

Tuesday last week we put our house up for sale. We had originally planned to keep it and cruise, while our son looked after it, however, due to the nature of the house, and the nature of 19 yr old boys, we figured that we would be better off selling it. What that really means though, is that the house is done, and all my focus can be put toward the boat.

So, Wednesday I went down to the boat to give her a good cleaning, spend the night, look over everything and fall in love with the project again. It is amazing how overwhelming a project of this magnitude can get when there is no consistency to the plan. So this was a re-evaluation as much as anything else.

I started writing a list of everything that needed to be done, but after three pages I needed to give that a break. I figure the list is about half done, if I am lucky.

Things progressed slowly on Thursday and Friday, just trying to find the motivation. By Saturday I had it back. Built the new battery box, worked some more on the fridge box, finished the propane lockers with temporary tops. After I install them I'll design the real lids, but they will be built with a female mold I'll build.

I recharged all of my batteries. The Trojans I bought for house batteries were almost dead, but they were sitting in the garage since January. Note to self, don't do that again....

Anyway, there are so many little projects going on right now that it is hard to discuss just one. I'll try and finish something and then put the process on here.

Cheers for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment