We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Moving along...

Albeit at a very slow pace. Yesterday I spent the better part of 9 hours at the boat working on the pre-launch list. But, it seems like every project gets put on hold until I get another part.

I got the conduit in the mast for electrical wires, but couldn't fasten it in because I had the wrong size rivets. I installed the 110v electrical plug in the side of the deck house, but couldn't wire it without the wire. Was going to install a temporary engine control box to mount the panel in, but it needs an 1/8" shaved off with the table saw. Well, you see where this is going.

I did managed to get the hull washed and waxed. Red made up a topping lift cable for my mast, so now I don't have to use the rope, I can turn that into a spare halyard. I ripped out some more wiring, the old instrument transducers and the VHF antenna cable. Tried to determine how much room I actually have for a fridge. Which by the way I have decided to build in place. So much for the time and expense on the first fridge box, but I learned some things along the way, so not a total loss. I also finally got the front hatch just right. Now I can glass that up and get it installed.

Today I want to finish up rigging and wiring the mast. The VHF will have to wait until I am finished at Pride Marine so that I can get one more fitting, but I think everything else can be done. Maybe build in the cockpit seat that is cut out, and start putting the cockpit drains back together. I didn't take any pictures yesterday, because nothing really happened. Sad considering the amount of work I put in. Maybe today will have more note worthy progress.

Later
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment