We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's been 6 days since my last post, and I have got virtually nothing done. So sad...

Driving my son to work everyday, I would go to the boat while I waited for him to get off. Unfortunately, its been so damn cold, that I haven't been able to get myself to do much. I finally got the prop off. I had to build a second puller, the first one being destroyed. It was made with 3/16" steel plates and 5/16" rod, but wasn't strong enough. The new one is made of 5/16" steel plates, and 1/2" rod, and even that bent considerably until the prop finally let go. No fear of it falling off. The next part in replacing the cutless bearing that holds the prop shaft needs two people, so I will have to wait until Serena is with me.

I played with a few other little things, but nothing really productive. I need some warm weather so I can paint and get the epoxy work done. How frustrating.....

First work party for the yacht club is this weekend, and it looks like every weekend after that for a couple of months. I have been tagged to do some chainsaw work, but work parties only last until lunch, so maybe get a little work done in the afternoon. Next week I move aboard so that I can be there to get all the work done, if the weather holds out.

On to domestic chores. Cheers.

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment