We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Spent the last two days playing with the boat. Its nice to be back at it.

We took the winter tarps off and tried to put up the dodger and cockpit add a room up, unfortunately the stitches were rotted out, and the zippers pulled right out of the dodger. So I spent an hour and a half restitching the whole thing this morning.

Yesterday we went to Pride Marine in Kingston. I got the 3 kits needed to put the epoxy barrier on the hull. It is supposed to have 5, but I reason that it should be okay with 3 because there is already an epoxy barrier on the boat. This is more of a top up. Got 2 gallons of Micron CSC bottom paint, a gallon of epoxy, and a bunch of other misc stuff, paint, thinner, fuses, crimp terminals, cutlass bearing, etc.... Ordered a few things they didn't have, including all the wire I needed for the refit.

Today we got the dodger and add a room on, plus I fought with the prop until I had to finally give up. I made a puller using a couple of 3/16" steel plates and some 5/16" threaded rode. Not heavy enough. I am going to have to move up to 1/2" rod and 3/8" plate. That prop just does not want to budge.

Figured out how to make paint stencils for the name, thanks to You Tube, using blue painters tape wax paper and a printer. I'll have to try it out first to make sure it works, but it looks good. Too expensive to have special vinyl letters made up and installed.

I'll try and get some pics next time I go play with her. I was too busy cursing that damn prop this time.

On to yard work for a couple of days now.

Cheers.. Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment