We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Worton Creek - Swan Creek/Rock Hall

We stayed in Worton Creek for 3 days. It just goes to show that its the places you don't expect, that end up being the places you really enjoy. The day after the storm we were dingying in to the marina to try and get some laundry done, and do a little shopping in the store. When I noticed the stern of a boat that seamed really familiar. A Bayfield is a very unique boat, and when you see one, you have to go look at her, at least you do when you are in love with the lines like I am. Coincidentally, the owners Joel and Lynette were working on her, so we got the opportunity to meet some very nice people. They were kind enough to take me into town for groceries and beer, and we ferried them out to Vita for sundowners. Our first official visitors since we left home. Thanks guys, we had a great time.

 Captain and crew. The only picture I managed of Lynette wasn't the most becoming, she was scrubbing the cockpit, so I omitted it. Sorry Lynette, and your welcome.

 Staterooms, they have staterooms, with dressers. So jealous.

Hard to believe this is a galley, on a boat. Hope they don't mind us showing off their boat, I couldn't help myself.

Bonjour Belle is a gorgeous Bayfield 40 befitting her name.

The following day we did another load of laundry, and finally got that shopping done at the store. Visited some more, and then got some chores done on the boat. Finally the propane is hooked up to the barbecue. We just had the little green camping bottles up until now. The wifi antenna cable runs into the boat and up to the nav station, instead of being coiled up in a sandwich baggy in the cockpit. So I did get a couple of things done, but motivation was waning quickly. It was a nice relaxing spot, not the kind of place one feels inclined to break a sweat.

This morning we upped the hook. We check into Magothy Marina on Monday, and we didn't want to be rushed, so we moved halfway there today to a cute little town called Rock Hall, and anchored up swan creek next door. Joel and Lynette had told us about an ice cream store in town, and I was on a mission. So we lowered the dinghy and headed to the dinghy dock at one of the several marinas. A little shopping here, a little shopping there, ice cream, and finally $2 pints, wings, and fish and chips at the Harbour Shack bar and grill. They have a neat little taxi here that the town provides. $1 per person, and you can go anywhere in town, or just ride around for a while.

We got a ride back to the dinghy in this trolley, after a little tour of the town. Nice.

On the dinghy ride back to the boat we noticed the boat behind us had a small Canadian flag mounted below the American flag off the spreader. Aha, a Canuck!!! We dinghied over and met Gord and Sue on their O'Day 35. British born Canadians living in the US. We had a great chat in their cockpit with a sundowner. We were starting to get the feeling that we would never be traveled until we followed them around for awhile, they've been everywhere.

The rest of the evening we'll relax. Tomorrow Vita becomes a marina bound livaboard, and we get a big break.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob and Serena,

    Susan and I are thoroughly enjoying your posts and hope you keep them up. I have to mention something that made me laugh -- considering your penchant for mending sails, bimini's and dodgers.

    " When I noticed the stern of a boat that seamed really familiar."

    I can certainly understand why you would spell "seamed" as you did in this context.

    (I don't care who you are....that's funny ;)

    Looking forward to your next submission.

    Rob and Susan Byers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I am glad you are enjoying the blog. I hate to break it too you Rob, but I have a tendency to drink the odd beer while I am writing my blogs, so errors "seam" to crop up more than they should. A practice I should learn to curb, maybe. However, perhaps that makes the error seem more humorous, because my sub-conscious is making up for my apparent lack of conscious thought. Take care, enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob & Serena,
    Thanks for your kind words and we really enjoyed meeting the two of you. Nice work here on the blog. I have started one...but haven't been very disciplined about keeping it up.

    Let's try to catch up in Annapolis. We can have a Pusser's (and take a pass on the Gin).
    Joel & Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan my friend. You have my email, drop me a line the day your planning to be there. We found out yesterday we can ride the bus from here. Fair winds.

      Delete
  5. Hi Rob and Serena,

    You were anchored behind us in Swan creek - with that Canadian flag, we had to find your blog! You slipped away to Rock Hall before we had a chance to meet.

    Fair winds and following seas...

    Bruce and Karen Steely
    M/V Friendship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is unfortunate. Its all Joel's fault, if he hadn't of told me about the ice cream. ha ha...

      Delete
  6. Hi Rob and Serena,
    The benefits of a roomy catamaran... http://www.zerotocruising.com/the-best-ever/
    Regards,
    Joel

    ReplyDelete