We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time - The Bullet Train of Life

Or more likely, my mishandling of it makes it seem that way.

I like pictures, I like taking pictures, and I like to add pictures with my posts, .... There just hasn't been enough finished stuff to take pictures of. Busy, oh yes, lots of stuff getting done, oh yes, lots to blog about, hell yes, but nothing worth taking a picture of, damn...

There is 18 days left until we hand the keys of our beautiful home over to her new owners. Only 8 days until we move into the camper. And 16 days until Vita is put back in her rightful spot, the water. We are trying to have her ready for first lift in, one because it is easier for me to work on her there, and also because we are replacing all of the through hulls and would like to get the opportunity to see if they leak. If they do, then we can take her back out same day, repair, and have her ready for the second lift-in two weeks afterwards. We just need to finish the new seacocks, epoxy over the mounting bolts, paint the bottom twice, install the transmission, and cross fingers. We also need to finish the galley counter, because I sold my chopsaw to the new homeowner, and the fiddles look better if the angles match.

I've finished all the building projects for the shop. I know I am going to want the shop back for some stuff, but its too late now. I am just finishing up the epoxy work on the plywood box I built for our little Honda generator, and then I'll be done. Then I'll move everything into the office to get some finishing work done, clean the garage out nice, and hand it over to the new owners to store their stuff in. They close on their house the same day as this one, so no overlap for them, and this saves them putting their things into storage for a couple of days.

The storage unit is slowly filling up. There isn't a whole lot of room in there. And this one is about twice the size of the one I was going to rent. I'll have to get some stuff on the boat soon, and make some room. But there is precious little left to go in there now.

Short list, made a bunch of trim pieces for the boat. Made a new set of washboards, with no vents. Finished the little shelf that goes around the mast and supports the table. Glassed in new fibreglass bases for all the seacocks and drilled them, after taking them all out, and there is a story there, but that will wait until the seacock post. Cut the galley counter top, and the laminate, just need some trimming, and installation. Sorted through the garage, sorted through the house, took a truckload to the second hand store, no need for all those clothes now, and started eating up the food in the house. We also had our first work party at the yacht club. It was really nice to be surrounded by boaters again. I think I go into a kind of deprivation in the winter from lack of boat talk. We don't tend to be overly social people, but as humans, we still need that interaction, and its nice with like minded people.

Anyway, epoxy work to do, and then off to Kingston. Later, when I have some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment