We've Moved

HEY EVERYBODY, WE'VE MOVED

Our blog had gotten too large, and it was getting to the point where it was difficult to comb through looking for specific posts or information. So we have developed a new blog at SailingVita.ca Come and see whats happening now.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Week of Sewing

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions! And, although I can't draw a direct correlation, I might be getting close.

Long story short, I had offered to do some sewing for our club members, repairs only, as fabrication just takes too much time. I figured it was something I could do for them, save them a little bit of money, and work on my textile confidence that much more. Plus, lets face it, I just like doing this kind of work. I am not charging for my services, just the cost of materials to do the jobs. However, I had intended to get some work done on the boat, since I was staying onboard for the week, and, well, you probably no where this went. Yep, that's right, sleeping and making coffee, that's all that happened on the boat, to the chagrin of my better half of course.

The sewing took far more time than I had envisioned, starting at 5 o'clock in the morning and going until 6 at night, or so. I barely had the energy to have a shower and eat let alone get any work done. I will be there all week again this week, and I have no aspirations of getting any further work done on the boat. So that also means the blog will suffer of lack of updates.

The good news is that I have been having fun making that which is borderline useless, usable once again. There is something to be said about the satisfaction of a job well done, and the appreciation of ones peers, or elders in some cases, right Jack....

Oh, by the way, I also changed the name of the "Camera in the Bathroom" post to "Misplaced camera". I was mildly confused when I noticed it was the most visited post on the blog. I know that it is the main post for the davit installation, but that didn't explain the traffic, until it hit me. People going there weren't looking for information on mounting davits, and I don't think that needs further explanation. So the rename. Damn perverts!!!

Cheers, and fair winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment